It seems actress Lindsay Lohan is struggling in rehab after the doctors cut her off from Addreall. The 26-year-old actress is completing her 90-day stint at the Betty Ford Clinic in California. And her friends are worried that she is lacking energy, reports femalefirst.co.uk. A source said: "Lindsay just doesn't want to be there. She was forced to go to Betty Ford by the judge instead of going ...
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad and Minister of Health Switzerland Alain Berset held a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of World Health Assembly at Geneva with the aim of giving further impetus to cooperation in the field of healthcare. Speaking on the occasion, Azad said that friendship between India and Switzerland goes as back as Independence of India, ...
When the tornado hit Moore, flattening their medical center, the chief of trauma surgery at the University of Oklahoma Medical Center mobilized her team. Lessons learned from past tragedies helped forge the new Level One Trauma center. NBC's Dr. Nancy Snyderman ...
Doctor Urmen Desai, left, talks to reporters as Dr. Wrood M. Kassira, center, and Dr. Renaud Saint-Vil, right, look on during a news conference in Miami, Tuesday, May 21, 2013. The doctors gave an an update on the progress of Ronald Poppo, a homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off in a bizarre attack last year in Miami. The attack left Poppo blind, but the doctors say he's been ...
The Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria, an affiliate of the World Organisation of Family Doctors, is set to mark the 2013 World Doctor Day with a public ...
84.0°F Scattered Clouds
The Naked City [DVD]
Shot on 107 different locations around New York City, Jules Dassins The Naked City was a new kind of a crime thriller, one whose striking originality when it premiered in 1948 subsequently paved the way for every detailed police procedural that followed, from Dragnet to ...
Six Bronx physicians were among 28 physicians honored today by the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) with Doctors' Day awards for their leadership and commitment to advancing the mission of the public hospital system and providing the highest quality healthcare to New ...
A Tunisian man died after a pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, and two adults children tested positive for SARS-like virus, health officials say. World Health Organization officials said Tuesday the 66-year-old Tunisian man was the second pilgrim to the Muslim holy city to be sickened with the SARS-like virus novel coronavirus, The Wall Street Journal reported. The Tunisian man returned from a ...
New Brunswick is discouraging family physicians from practising in the province despite a growing need for care, a number of doctors in the Maritimes say.Medical residents from throughout the region have written an open letter expressing their concerns to Premier David Alward and Health Minister Hugh ...
About 40 Denver-area restaurants will offer dietitian-verified healthy meals under a new program being launched Wednesday by the University of Colorado's Anschutz Health and Wellness Center. The Healthy Dining in Colorado program builds on a national template that Healthy Dining, a nutritional consulting company, has undertaken by listing good-for-you options at participating restaurants on ...
Biotech has never quite taken flight in Northern Virginia. Whether that's due to the lack of a big corporate anchor or blue-chip research university, the dearth of wet labs, the attraction of a stronger scene in Montgomery County or pure dumb happenstance is anyone's guess. But on this side of the D.C. suburbs, the life sciences are not thriving. The story of Virginia biotech right now ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Celebrity trainer Tracy Andersons diet plan finds big fan in J.Lo
- Anabolic-androgenic steroids linked to reduced future mental health
- Foldable electronics come closer to reality with inkjet-printed graphene
- Indo- Swiss bilateral meet held at Geneva
- More time in gym class lowers obesity risk in kids
- Australian stocks open higher
- Tokyo stocks open up 0.39
- Australia stocks advance paced by miners
- Japan stocks climb Mitsubishi Motors Sony jump
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks cheered by Fed reassurance yen awaits BOJ
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Deadly US Twister Hits Tornado Alley
- Rescuers Searching for Survivors Following Deadly US Tornado
- Kerry Mideast Talks on Syria to Include Russian Call for Involving Iran
- Minnesota Legislatures 2013 legacy Why
- Editorial cartoons May 21-31 2013
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his fangirls
- Somalias Displaced The Reform Test
- Minneapolis police chiefs troubling lack transparency
- Iran Bars Candidacies of Rafsanjani Ahmadinejad Aide
- Coke Ad Hawks Pop Peace to India Pakistan
- Iran bars Rafsanjani Mashaei from election
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Inc. to Host FY2013 Operating Results Conference Call on Thursday May 23 2013
- Iran bars candidates for presidential election
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Afghan women getting jailed for moral crimes
- 72 pc women experience constipation bowel problems during pregnancy
- Do men behave better than women while traveling
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Oklahoma tornado kills 91 toll to rise
- Peter Andre hunting for two pads
- Location identified for second community garden
- Students build houses with recycled paper
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Toyota San Antonio Chamber Present STEM Project
- Texas approves bill to guide fund water projects
- Lawmakers agree on $50 million for ETF
- Pica Pica Plaza creating new event space in South San Antonio
- ATT U-verse TV named countrys leading video company