4G services, which provide mobile users with internet access up to 50 times faster than the current 3G network, will be launched in Shanghai next month when the China Mobile company begins large-scale trials. The fourth generation of mobile phone mobile communication technology standards orm 4G provides users with high-speed internet access on devices such as phones, data cards and MiFi ...
A senior US Senator has posted on Twitter that the country is not working on its foreign policies as of now, remembering that last time when the country had no foreign policies Hitler had started the World War II. Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa is known for his unusual Twitter feeds referring history, the Huffington Post reports. Grassley has warned that a modern-day Hitler invasion is ...
A leading senior religious clerics in Saudi Arabia has said that Saudi citizens using Twitter will risk damnation. Abdul Latif Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh's declaration comes as a move to attack the US-based microblogging service, the Huffington Post reports. According to the report, Saudi leaders fear that Twitter and other social media services are platforms for making the dissidents voice out ...
In another cyber-attack Twitter and Financial Times (FT) website have reportedly been hacked. An online group called the Syrian Electronic Army supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had followed a phishing attack on Financial Times' mail accounts, Stuff.co.nz reports. According to the report, the hackers have taken control over Twitter account of a news organization where 200 million ...
Australian Test batsman David Warner may reportedly lose his place in the squad for the prestigious Ashes tour following his Twitter outburst. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Warner may now have to face a Cricket Australia code of behaviour hearing to explain why he should still be allowed on the upcoming Ashes series. Warner launched a blistering attack against two of the Australian ...
84.7°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the SSE at 6.5 MPH Gusting to 14.5 MPH
The Good Shepherd
In reviewing Robert Redfords somber Oscar winner Ordinary People (1980), Pauline Kael theorized that, when popular actors turn to directing, they feel the need to choose material as a penance for the frivolous good times theyve given us. While no one would accuse Robert De ... ...
Australian Test batsmen David Warner is likely to be charged with detrimental public comment for his Twitter outburst under Cricket Australia's (CA) code of conduct, delivering a setback to his leadership aspirations. Condemning Warner, CA's high-performance chief Pat Howard had confirmed that Warner will be disciplined after using the social networking site to launch a savage attack on cricket ...
A DETAILED picture of how "Mr and Mrs Average" live has been built up using data from Facebook. The study shows how men and women develop new interests as they mature - and how the genders are often out of sync. While women tend to take exercise seriously from the age of 34, for example, the average man waits until his 45th birthday before working hard to get in shape. Women's ...
Yahoo announced they will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 billion this afternoon. The news comes about a year after Facebook snatched up the hot startup Instagram. In a post-Facebook world, that leaves two large independent social networks: Twitter and Pinterest, the oldest and youngest in the group, ...
Source: Reuters Sharing your feelings can lead to deeper relationships in the workplace, Facebook's chief operating officer says. Sheryl Sandberg admitted in an interview with India's Mint that she cries at work, adding women are not "one type of person Monday through Friday" and "then a different person in the nights and weekends". "I think we are all of ...
A youth from Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh was arrested on Sunday for creating a fake Facebook account of a female student and posting her morphed pictures, the police said.The youth, allegedly created a Facebook account of the girl and uploaded her morphed images along with obscene as well as false information, besides her contact number, the police said.The victim lodged a complaint with ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Stamford Grand, Glenelg, Adelaide, Australia
The Stamford Grand is a landmark hotel built on Glenelg Beach, about 11 kilometres from the City of Adelaide. A ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- The Hangover actor engaged
- ASADA health warning as six players banned
- Suri Seri Begawan Hospital Holds First Health Talk For PENYULUH
- Medicaid opposition underscores states’ health care disparities
- Oxfam warning on Syria refugee health
- Aust stocks higher after Wall St record
- Singapore Stocks - Factors to watch on May 20
- Korea Hot Stocks-Ssangyong Motor shares up on profit expectations
- Nikkei hits fresh 5 12-yr high on weak yen upbeat U.S. data
- Tokyo stocks open up 0.81
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- Alleged unmasked CIA agent leaves Russia
- Sushil Kumar Shinde leaves for U.S. to participate in Indo-US Homeland Security dialogue
- US Pak should acknowledge each others roles in good work they do Sherry Rehman
- Its Not Just About Sexual Violence
- South China Sea dispute Taiwan flexes its muscles | Editorial
- World worries about Syria Washington stuck on Benghazi
- Minnesota program cuts costs for poor — compassionately
- Marriage and much more How Minnesotas 2010 election mattered
- Struggling with urban decay Detroit now has a mountain of unwanted coke - thanks to anti-environmentalist Koch brothers
- Israel’s ‘illegal’ military entry permit bars selected tourists from West Bank - report
- Beer Man Watery body foils Buffalo Sweats greatness
- Zoning restrictions threaten reopening of coke facility
- Beer keg chasing festival on tap for Edmonton’s Gallagher Park
- Delhi runs for safety of women
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Protests halt debate over eliminating violence against women in Afghan parliament
- Women fall for men with styled facial hair
- Women likelier than men to blame their partner during arguments
- William-Kate gnome statues to raise money for kids
- Hindus living dangerously in Balochistan
- Pakistani woman politician shot dead
- Unofficial start to gardening season kicks off with ‘perfect planting weekend’
- Tornadoes touch down in Kansas Oklahoma damage homes
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Sams finds groove with San Antonio
- San Antonio cruises to opening win over Grizzlies
- NBA San Antonio 105 Memphis 83
- Friends of murdered San Antonio woman are pleading for answers
- Grizzlies set for Western Conference final showdown against San Antonio