NBA 's Western Conference finals. Tony Parker scored 20 points and handed out nine assists for the Spurs, whose stifling defence held Grizzlies' top scorer Zach Randolph to only two points. Randolph came in averaging 19.7 points per game in this post-season, but finished just 1-of-8 from the field for a Grizzlies team appearing in the conference finals for the first time. The Spurs, ...
But the recently signed first baseman has been raising eyebrows since he joined the Double-A San Antonio Missions as an injury replacement for Tommy ...
United States The San Antonio Spurs blew away Memphis 105-83 on Monday morning to open the Western Conference finals with a convincing victory.Tony Parker scored 20 points and had nine assists, Kawhi Leonard added 18 and the Spurs wasted little time sending a message to the visiting Grizzlies who are experiencing their first conference finals.San Antonio, meanwhile, is trying to get back to ...
SAN ANTONIO- Friends who talked with Eleanor Gonzales the day before she was murdered say she never mentioned any concerns or troubles with anyone. Gonzales, 43, was found stabbed outside her West side home on Friday. No one has been arrested in this case. Friends who were holding a benefit today to help raise money for funeral expenses say Gonzales was a good woman who was always helping ...
Barack Obama is cultivating "a culture of cover-ups and intimidation" regarding recent political scandals. Appearing on CBS' "Face the Nation," Senate Minority ...
76.5°F Mostly Cloudy
Christopher Nolan could very well be the love child of Stanley Kubrick and Alfred Hitchcock. Like those great filmmakers of a previous era, Nolan does his work right in the middle of the big-budget Hollywood mainstream, but with the kind of creative vibrancy, philosophical intensity, and wil ... ...
Memphis Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph licks his fingers as he prepares to shoot free throws against the Oklahoma City Thunder late in the second half of Game 5 of their NBA Western Conference semi-final playoffs in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma May 15, 2013. (BILL ...
SAN ANTONIO-A great morning for a run on Saturday at Port San Antonio. The San Antonio Sports Fit Family Challenge District Four 5K was a huge success with more than 1,500 runners and walkers.The 12 week free summer program is a city wide opportunity that offers cash prizes.The whole idea behind the program is to promote exercise and eating healthy as a ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Stamford Grand, Glenelg, Adelaide, Australia
The Stamford Grand is a landmark hotel built on Glenelg Beach, about 11 kilometres from the City of Adelaide. A ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Oxfam charity says Syrian refugees face health risks lack access to water sanitation
- Build muscle when you arent working out
- Putting group fitness classes in the proper light
- Low carbohydrate diets may harm your health
- City kids residing in commercial areas at a high health risk
- Metals Stocks Gold extends losing streak as bearish bets rise
- Europe stocks extend rally track U.S. Asia gains
- Britains FTSE hits fresh 5-12 year peaks
- Aust stocks close higher
- HK Stocks to Double by End-2015 Morgan Stanley
- Letters No welfare ever
- Immigration reform overlooks asylum-seekers
- Bad bills keep comin’
- Editorial Its time for the $10 newsstand umbrella
- Editorial State legislators shouldn’t delay budget work
- Natural Organic Products Asia Trade Show to Launch in Hong Kong in 2014
- Air Culinaire Worldwide Announces Menu Customization Program
- Air Culinaire Worldwide Expands In-Flight Catering Capabilities in Europe
- Trikes race down Queen Anne Hill for beer
- Deschutes Sierra Nevada win two International Awards each
- Delhi runs for safety of women
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Manager Uses Education To Better The Lives Of Chicago’s Women
- Majority reject mayor on comfort women
- Husky men win fourth-straight Pac-12 rowing title women finish third
- Tornadoes tear through central US
- William-Kate gnome statues to raise money for kids
- Hindus living dangerously in Balochistan
- Three top tips for creating a successful digital inclusion strategy
- Conundrums in the residential market
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- NBA San Antonio Spurs thump Memphis Grizzlies in series opener
- Sams finds groove with San Antonio
- San Antonio cruises to opening win over Grizzlies
- Friends of murdered San Antonio woman are pleading for answers
- Cornyn Obama crafting coverups