The Pakistan team management and some players of the national team have said that former captain Shahid Afridi should retire from international cricket as he is 'finished' and has 'nothing left to offer anymore'. Afridi was handed an Rs. 360,000 monthly contract by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) despite being overlooked for the ICC Champions Trophy that takes place in England and Wales next ...
The 72-year-old Chula Vista resident will soon be able to see her grandchildren in Ohio on a daily basis. She'll be able to comparison shop without leaving her home. And, she will reconnect with old friends all over the country. All these life improvements are thanks to what she learned at Saturday's Technology Fair for the over-50 ...
In this April 2, 2013 file photo, Paris Saint Germain's David Beckham arrives for his Champions League quarterfinal soccer match against Barcelona in Paris. Beckham is retiring from soccer after the season, ending a career in which he become a global superstar since starting his career at Manchester United. The 38-year-old Englishman recently won a league title in a fourth country with ...
Cannes film festival .Playing the unfussy singer Jean Berkey straight after her bejewelled portrayal of Daisy Buchanan, the actress appeared to have deliberately cast off the baubles and artifice that hang around the annual 12-day cinematic bonanza on the Cte D'Azur. And this year, the festival's 66th outing on Boulevard de la Croisette, the glittery trappings have strained more than ...
Dodoma - PRESIDENT Jakaya Kikwete on Friday allayed public fears that pension funds were cash strapped, noting that they were doing far better than ever. Speaking at the climax of the Pension Funds week on Friday, the president pledged that the government would pay all money it owes pension funds so that they are able to do their work effectively including paying the retired elderly. His ...
94.6°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the SSE at 7.8 MPH Gusting to 15.9 MPH
Life During Wartime [Blu-Ray]
In Life During Wartime, Todd Solondz revisits the extended family of dysfunctional characters that populated his 1998 film Happiness, a controversial dark comedy that cemented Solondzs status, following his 1996 breakthrough film Welcome to the Dollhouse ...
Those living in retirement are often told to strike a balance between investing for safety and investing for growth. And when it comes to investing for growth, some pundits are fond of telling investors to put their money in commodities, including gold. Doing so, the experts say, is one surefire way to keep pace with ...
PARIS - After David Beckham’s long and distinguished soccer career ends on an artificial turf field in northwestern France, his life promises to be perhaps even more glamorous than it already has been. Nearly 20 years after breaking into the Manchester United lineup, the 38-year-old former England captain won the French league title with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) this season. After ...
Starbucks every day. No manicures, no pedicures. Those kinds of things really add up," Martin said. Webster's response was to work more like someone who was earning only a minimal wage. Even though he was making $80,000 annually working as a full-time math professor at Marymount College - with Martin adding her $70,000-a-year salary as an articulation officer, who provides educational ...
DAMASCUS, Syria -; The office of Syria's deputy foreign minister says gunmen have abducted his elderly father in the southern Daraa ...
Durban - Elderly residents at a Durban retirement centre on the beachfront have become prisoners in their own homes after falling prey to "ruthless and heartless" ...
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Wyndham New Orleans at Canal Place
On arrival at this hotel the thing that struck us most was the location. It was just meters from the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- At least 30 countries in Africa at risk of yellow fever WHO
- Strauss backs big ego Pietersen for successful English Ashes prospects
- Sport Minister Mutko hopes IOC will restore wrestling in Olympic programme
- The aid will be used on emergency health assistance sheltering food water hygiene and other basic needs…
- Minnesota House approves $11.3 billion health and human services bill
- Dow S and P set record highs log 4-week winning streak
- Yahoo board to meet on $1.1B offer for Tumblr
- Stocks that can give 20-60 return in short to medium term
- Hey techies BarCamp Orlando is underway at Wall Street Plaza
- Stocks Firmly Positive On Upbeat Economic Data - U.S. Commentary
- Israel Turkey and gas
- I am a Lymphoedema Sister
- Dubais child labor complicity
- Struggle Against Dire Conditions for Iran Workers
- Burma the EU has been too quick to lift sanctions
- Brewery develops new beer dedicated to slain cop
- Argentinas former dictator dies behind bars
- Former Argentine Dictator Videla Dies in Prison
- Alabama last to legalize homebrewing
- A-B launches Stella Artois Cidre
- Handbags may have more germs than average toilet flush
- Womens fertility could be linked with their immune status
- CA to improve pay conditions for Oz women cricketers to boost professionalism
- Sevens glory for NZ women
- Can’t conceive Don’t just blame it on women
- How frog embryos could help fight disease
- Chinese may have practised agriculture before advent of rice cultivation 5000 yrs ago
- Japanese executive commits suicide in Gurgaon
- Lifestyle Mogadishu fights law on federal states
- Lifestyle Kenya walks a tightrope in Somalia as Kismayo gets new leader
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- How the San Antonio Spurs match up against Memphis Grizzlies in NBA playoffs | Hunter Felt
- New Braunfels Utilities moves forward with LCRA lawsuit
- Tesoro receives federal approval for BP refinery deal
- Valero master limited partnership could materialize before end of year
- Employment on the upswing in San Antonio and across Texas