Cricket Australia (CA) Tuesday announced a restructuring of the contracting system for women players which will result in the Australian female cricketers becoming some of the best paid female athletes in the country. CA approved a restructure of the contract system with a move from a three-tier payment system to a squad-ranking system. The top player retainer increases substantially from ...
Simon Cowell will be surrounded by women when 'The X Factor' returns for its third season this fall on BIG CBS LOVE. Grammy Award winning artist Kelly Rowland, international pop star Paulina Rubio and Demi Lovato join him as judges on the hit singing competition series, CBS News reported. "It's taken more than a decade but I'm delighted to finally be on a panel with three girls (I think!)," ...
The Afghan government should take urgent steps to halt an alarming increase in women and girls imprisoned for "moral crimes," Human Rights Watch said Tuesday. Statistics from Afghanistan's interior ministry indicate that the number of women and girls imprisoned for "moral crimes" had risen to about 600 in May 2013 from 400 in October 2011 - a 50 percent rise. Since October 2011, there has been ...
Nearly 3 out of 4 pregnant women experience constipation, diarrhea or other bowel disorders during their pregnancies, a new study has found. But such bowel disorders only minimally affect a pregnant woman's quality of life, according to the Loyola University Medical Center study. The study by senior author Scott Graziano, MD, and Payton Johnson was presented during the 61st Annual Clinical ...
Traveling can lead you to let loose and get a little crazier than usual. Travel guide website Triposo conducted a survey to learn more about crazy tourist behavior abroad. They asked respondents to confess to their own travel sins-which included everything from public drunkenness to cheating on significant others-and also to report on the misbehavior of others. When asked about their goals ...
86.2°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the SE at 6.9 MPH Gusting to 12.3 MPH
Seeing Finding Nemo on the big screen again (now in 3D!) is a pure shot of delight and a reminder of the strength of Pixars cinematic vision at its finest. Released at the height of the studios initial run of creative output (it followed Toy Story and Toy Story 2, A ... ...
Women who smoke during pregnancy increase the risk of both obesity and gestational diabetes, in their daughters, a recent study has found. The study is by Dr Kristina Mattsson, Lund University, Sweden, and colleagues including Dr Matthew Longnecker from the National Institute on Environmental Health Sciences at the U.S.National Institutes of Health, North Carolina, USA. While the relation of ...
20 May 2013 150 Education is not against any religion, the head of the United Nations educational and cultural agency told Afghan authorities and families during a visit to the country to promote learning for women and girls, and to highlight the importance of Afghan cultural heritage as a vital economic asset. "Providing education to girls and women is not against religious beliefs," said ...
LOME, Togo -- Thousands of women have taken to the streets in Togo to protest the death of an opposition figure who had been jailed.Tuesday's march comes nearly two weeks ago after the death of Etienne Yakanou.Authorities say he suffered from malaria. His supporters, though, say he did not receive adequate medical care and should have been brought sooner to a hospital. Yakanou had been ...
Two women face assault charges after they admitted they attacked an 8-year-old boy used alcohol to intensify his pain, Hopkinsville police said. Paulette M. Godfrey, 32, and Latoya L. Stampley, 28, were interviewed by police after officers were called to Belmont Elementary School to investigate a report of child abuse, according to an arrest citation. The citation described the women violently ...
One of the most satisfying aspects of working in the American auto industry today is to see the way all three Michigan-based companies are turning out hit products, generating strong profits and putting thousands of people back to work. It's something that we in Detroit always knew was possible, and it's something the rest of America can be rightly proud of.We have certainly come a ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Celebrity trainer Tracy Andersons diet plan finds big fan in J.Lo
- Anabolic-androgenic steroids linked to reduced future mental health
- Foldable electronics come closer to reality with inkjet-printed graphene
- Indo- Swiss bilateral meet held at Geneva
- More time in gym class lowers obesity risk in kids
- U.S. stocks ease from record highs Yahoo buys Tumblr for $1.1b
- Stocks Investors shift focus to Bernanke
- Welcome to the new Wall Street where back-office work trumps backslapping
- Tech Stocks Apple turns positive Yahoo gains
- European stocks close higher London beats 13-year peak
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- Obama scandals could hurt Republicans
- Minnesota Legislature largely restrained unions
- Putins State Capitalism Means Falling Growth
- Editorial Crowns aims for science give focus for research
- Globe Editorial Prime Minister needed to say more in speech to caucus
- Radcliffe peoples confidant in pubs
- Iran Bars Election Candidacies of Rafsanjani Ahmadinejad Aide
- Nostalgic Coca-Cola mural uncovered in Durham
- Hawaii Nui Brewing auction delayed after Aloha Beer Co. makes offer
- Why Arent 2012 Bordeaux Wine Futures Selling
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Afghan women getting jailed for moral crimes
- 72 pc women experience constipation bowel problems during pregnancy
- Do men behave better than women while traveling
- Oklahoma tornado kills 91 toll to rise
- Peter Andre hunting for two pads
- Massive tornado jolts Oklahoma City in US
- Living in an era of extreme weather
- Rebels in Central African Republic protest at leaders headquarters protest living conditions
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Forge Energy hit with wrongful death suit over oilfield fatality
- Pioneer tests running fleet truck and drilling rigs on compressed natural gas
- Trident expands public entity insurance program in Pennsylvania
- Tesoro Corp. will sell Carson terminal assets to Tesoro Logistics
- UTSA recruits Mexicos former chief demographer to faculty