AMD has revealed details about its Temash and Kabini chips for tablets and mainstream laptops ahead of Computex. AMD's Jaguar core is best known for powering ...
Aer Arann is eyeing up franchise agreements with other airlines - in Europe and further afield - as it seeks to boost its passenger numbers to two million by 2018 and become one of Europe's leading regional airlines by ...
(Credit: Tesla) In what could be viewed as a shot in the arm for U.S.-made electric cars, Tesla has repaid a government loan nine years early. "Today, Tesla Automotive repaid the entire remaining balance on a $465 million loan from the Department of Energy nine years earlier than originally required," the U.S. Department of Energy said in a statement Wednesday. That clean-energy ...
(Credit: Wayne Cunningham/CNET) Forget pricey Teslas; Chevrolet announced pricing for its Spark EV model at $27,495. If a buyer qualifies for the full federal tax credit of $7,500, that price drops to $19,995. The Spark EV goes on sale in June but will be limited to California and Oregon. California owners will be able to apply further credits up to $2,500. Oregon may be less friendly, ...
(Credit: AMD) The prerelease code names of AMD's new low-power and mainstream CPUs, Temash, Kabini, and Richland, may not mean much to laptop shoppers, but these components aim to give ultrathin laptops, tablets, and other PCs better value and battery life. For the past several years, AMD has actually named its processors APUs rather than CPUs, which stands for accelerated processing ...
79.3°F Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the SE at 4.3 MPH Gusting to 6.5 MPH
Perhaps you have to be a dog owner to be reduced to the blubbering mess that I found myself in by the end of Disney's Eight Below, but there you have it. Even with my sharpened critical faculties turned on high alert to detect every ounce of contrived tear duct manipulation, I was ... ...
, Sony revealed very brief pictures of the mysterious PlayStation 4 hardware, leaving gamers in the dark about what the highly anticipated gaming console will look ...
Samsung Electronics, the world's largest smartphone maker, said Thursday that it has sold more than 10 million units of Galaxy S4, the latest flagship smartphone model, in less than a month since its debut.Global sales of the Galaxy S4 smartphone surpassed the 10- million mark since its launch in April 27, according to an e- mailed statement.The new model set a new record for Samsung, ...
A handful of profiles and pages on the social network, which have been gathering places for Syrians to discuss their country's civil war, have mysteriously ...
Receipt scanning and a new interface, heavily influenced from the Cards look of Google Glass and Google Now, greet you in an update to Google Drive for ...
Self-printed guns aren't the only firearms altering the weapons landscape. Also out there: Precision rifles with high-tech scopes and auto-firing triggers, and iPhone adapters and apps that offer custom ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Brad Pitts drug tales
- Murofushi loses appeal in IOC member election
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- we gave you the readers the chance to star on our cover via Twitter and be a FIT City Series race ambassador. Here we meet the inspiring winners and hear their fitness stories
- Metals Stocks Gold falls after Fed talk boosts dollar
- Nikkei slumps in afternoon trade
- Hang Seng slides by break
- Tokyo stocks plunge in afternoon trade
- Asia stocks down as China factory output slips
- Letters Stories From Moore Okla.
- House gets cold shoulder
- Tim takes his leave
- St. Paul Saints mandatory smoking section
- Bipartisanship at the Minnesota Legislature Believe it
- UT veterinarian helps care for Budweiser Clydesdales
- Letters to family show Steven Powell is still defiant behind bars
- NJ Bars put cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Blast Cant Hold Us at Bacardi Rebels Concert
- Fitz and the Tantrums Perform Out of My League at Bacardi Rebels Concert
- Oz women cricketers Down Under on top of world after hefty pay-hike
- Do-or-die for India women against Chinese Taipei
- Number of Afghan women jailed for moral crimes increasing says human rights group
- Women should enjoy their sexuality says Heather Graham
- Saudi cleric says using air-conditioners by women immoral
- Dress your home with soft colourful furnishings
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Brad Pitt says he had an epiphany during Jennifer Aniston marriage
- Switched On Gardener pair appealing sentences
- Youngsters pay tribute to residential school students
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Who makes the Best Smoothie in San Antonio
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- SAHA and San Antonio Food Bank serving up a Farmers Market
- Mountain Real Estate looking to San Antonio as part of Texas growth plan
- Megabus to offer additional low fares next month