Brussels: Critics ridiculed European Union bureaucrats on Saturday for taking time off fighting the euro zone's debt crisis to impose strict new rules on how restaurants serve olive oil.From January 1, 2014, eateries will be banned from serving oil to diners in small glass jugs or dipping bowls, and forced instead to use pre-sealed, non-refillable bottles that must be disposed of when ...
(Reuters) - One winning ticket for a record U.S. Powerball lottery jackpot worth $590.5 million was sold in Florida, organizers said late on ...
Truly contested primary races -- in which multiple Democrats and Republicans vie against one another for their party's nomination -- are ...
SO IT LOOKS LIKE HE WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS … Charlotte, N.C., police swooped down on a 20-something woman, her mother and her two toddlers because they were taking an afternoon stroll in the nude. One of the ladies explained to arresting officers that "the Lord told them to get naked and walk down the street."TRYING TO RECAPTURE HIS YOUTH … A man got stuck in a ...
The perfect childrens film a Western with aliens Moses and true love Few things inspire children more than movies so what are the favourite childhood films of actors directors and producers at the Cinemagic festival
I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this ...
Winds: From the SE at 4.0 MPH Gusting to 6.3 MPH
One Night at McCool's
In One Night at McCool's, Liv Tyler plays Jewel, a curvaceous bombshell scam artist who wraps a trio of idiotic men around her finger, proving what seems to be the movie's only point: Men think with the wrong head. Despite being at various stations in life, none of the men here are strong enough to resist Jewel's wiles, even when it becomes plainly obvious that she is bad news in every way ... ...
ABOUT 10,000 people have turned Victoria Park into a rainbow during Adelaide's inaugural Color Run this morning. Participants were peppered with orange, blue, pink and yellow powder as they completed the 5km charity fun run course from 9am. Upon finishing, the runners gathered for the `Finish Festival' where they sang, danced and threw fluoro powder into the air at regular intervals. The ...
Do your kids today have much grit? I doubt it. Parents now try to protect kids from all danger. In New York City, some won't let teenagers go to school by ...
It is always hard for an American president in the second term, but both his country and the world need Obama to show strength and courage and put scandal behind ...
It may seem like a no-brainer that a professor with a sense of humor sets the stage for better learning. Marquette University PhD candidate Stephen Halula wanted to prove that when he set out on his dissertation, "Humor in Education." So he examined research on the subject - yes, it exists - and interviewed college students about how they perceived their professors, especially the ...
AUSTIN, Texas - The Powerball jackpot being drawn on Saturday night could be even higher than the record $600 million being advertised, pushing it near or above the largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history, a Texas Lottery official said on Saturday. "Oftentimes, the advertised amount is lower than what the actual jackpot ends up being," said Kelly Cripe, a spokeswoman for the Texas ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wyndham New Orleans at Canal Place
On arrival at this hotel the thing that struck us most was the location. It was just meters from the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Heart Health Monitored Using Paper-Thin Flexible Skin
- Hospital Use Costs Not Increased By Massachusetts Health Care Reform
- In Patients With Kidney Disease LDL Cholesterol Is A Poor Marker Of Heart Health
- To Increase Bicycle Use Improve Public Health A Change In Cycle Track Policy Needed
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
- These Cloud Stocks Can Fly Pros
- Wall Street needs to pay its fair share
- Elated stakeholders reelect stock exchange board
- Yahoo board to meet on $1.1B offer for Tumblr
- WLOX Editorial Prepare South Mississippi
- Letter Death camp contrast Why the silence on Soviet Union camps
- Letter Investigate all levels from Swallow to the Obama administration
- Letter Labeling all exotic animals as dangerous is extreme
- Robin Abcarian Military sexual assaults were supposed to end
- Zoning restrictions threaten reopening of coke facility
- Beer keg chasing festival on tap for Edmonton’s Gallagher Park
- ‘The Run’ receives sponsored beverages
- Falling fuel and beer prices herald rare inflation drop
- KC Pils sales will benefit Kansas City
- Delhi runs for safety of women
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Protests halt debate over eliminating violence against women in Afghan parliament
- Women likelier than men to blame their partner during arguments
- Afghan Lawmakers Block Womens Rights Law
- Pakistani woman politician shot dead
- Lifestyle Why better sound is big business
- Is it safe living by a fertilizer plant
- Frankston Garden Club to have its Flower Garden Tour Saturday
- Lifestyle block-living still the Kiwi dream
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- San Antonio Sports Fit Family Challenge
- How the San Antonio Spurs match up against Memphis Grizzlies in NBA playoffs | Hunter Felt