HOUSTON — An Arlington woman on Texas death row for the starvation death of a 9-year-old boy has lost a federal court appeal, moving her a step closer to ...
AUSTIN (AP) -- With legislative adjournment looming on Monday, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst said he wants Gov. Rick Perry to call a special session to seek passage of failed legislation insisted upon by conservative ...
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple Inc., worked to defuse a hearing room full of angry U.S. senators on Tuesday by saying that a new line of Macs will be assembled -- drum roll, please -- in ...
Cherry Hill, N.J.-based freight broker 's volume originates and delivers in Texas, and the company wanted to have more direct contact with customers in that region, Tucker said in a written ...
reports.In a Friday court hearing, prosecutors said Brent violated the terms of his release by setting off an alcohol-monitoring device and failing to download data from it as required. Judge Robert Burns issued the order but did not raise Brent's $100,000 bond, according to the AP.Brent is scheduled to go on trial in September for the Dec. 8 crash. Regardless of the outcome, ...
66.9°F Heavy Thunderstorms and Rain
Winds: From the South at 2.2 MPH Gusting to 4.0 MPH
Sexy Beast is an oddly intriguing British import that straddles the line between the traditional crime thriller and the black comedy. It is like Jules Dassin's Rififi (1955) filtered through the postmodern slapdash of Quentin Tarantino and punctuated with the kind of bizarre surrealism that would make Luis Buuel or David Lynch smile. Although directed by first-timer Jonathan Glazer ... ...
U.S. prime money market funds (MMFs) increased their exposure to eurozone banks in April. However, even at 15.1%, asset allocations to these institutions remain well below 2011 levels, according to Fitch ...
AUSTIN (KXAN) - When a Northwest Austin apartment manager went to check in on a former tenants residence in early April, she expected to find it empty, but what she found on the back porch was an unwelcome and unsightly surprise. It was cold and raining outside. The tenant had terminated his lease three days earlier. But there, huddled in the corner of the porch, was a white terrier with dirty, ...
RadioShack's management team is hoping the company will make a turnaround with its new marketing strategies that target a wider audience and create a playful atmosphere. RadioShack Corp. leaders are hoping the company's revamped branding strategy will encourage new and current customers to do exactly what its new tagline expresses: Lets play. The Fort Worth-based electronics retailer is ...
Austin Ventures LP is reportedly going back to targeting the type of companies that helped it grow initially early-stage startups. The Austin investment firm plans to raise a $450 million fund to focus on those types of companies, Bloomberg reported Friday. Austin Ventures, the dominant investment firm in Texas, has been largely focused on less risky later-stage investments in recent years ...
AUSTIN (AP) The Texas Senate is expected to confirm three of Gov. Rick Perry's appointments to the University of Texas System regents, positions that are being closely watched as lawmakers have clashed with the board in recent months. The board is the governing body for the nine-campus system and Perry has re-appointed vice chairman Paul Foster of El Paso to a new six year term. New ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Driving down by the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, to the combined entrances of the Sheration Wakiki and the Royal Hawaiian ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Cook says Pietersen progressing well to be fit in time for Ashes
- Secrets behind itching revealed
- TV characters slammed for on-screen unhealthy lifestyles
- Man. farmer enters competitive health food market
- At midday TSX Wall Street lower ahead of long U.S. weekend
- Futures Movers Oil cuts loss stays on track for weekly decline
- Market Snapshot U.S. stocks down but trade near day’s highs
- US STOCKS-Wall St slips on Fed stimulus uncertainty PG jumps
- Stocks Close Modestly Lower But Well Off Worst Levels - U.S. Commentary
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Lincolns life-saving note put up for 15000 dollars
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- Extractive Industries A New Accountability Agenda
- WOLF Tyranny in our time
- PAUL Blocking the pathway to a national ID
- EDITORIAL Reids court-packing scheme
- Barley growers partner with brewery
- Sugary drinks might raise kidney stone risk - But beer may help
- Best-selling local food and beverages
- N. J. bars caught passing off dirty water rubbing alcohol as liquor
- George Weston Limited announces its intention to invest $200 million in Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust
- Its sexist to ask women about age says Julianne Moore
- Narcissists woo women more easily
- Rural women imparted advanced training in handloom handicrafts in Manipur
- Doll making gains popularity among women in Tripura
- Greater attention needed for safe childbirths UN urges on inaugural Day to end obstetric fistula
- Private firms may travel to lunar surface NASA report
- Japan PMs residence not haunted Government
- Heart healthy lifestyle may help protect kidney patients from dying prematurely
- Russia to build new parliament compound
- $16m budget for countrys four flashest apartments
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Fitch Upgrades San Antonio TX DSP Waterworks System
- Primera Energys well near Three Rivers beats expectations
- Transaction Action NRP nets $18.64 million in equity financing for developments in San Antonio and Ohio
- St. Philips College honored for being top VITA site
- Tory Burch making its debut at Shops at La Cantera