Indian equity market so far this month despite macro economic concerns. With this, the total foreign investment in the country's equity market has reached Rs 79,554 crore (USD 14.72 billion) since the beginning of the year. During May 2-24, foreign institutional investors (FIIs) were gross buyers of shares worth Rs 56,767crore, while they ...
video The All Blacks could be without lock Sam Whitelock for next month's three-Test series against France. Whitelock is reportedly nursing a broken finger from the Crusaders' Super Rugby loss to the Chiefs on Friday. He could be out of rugby for up to six weeks, leaving Luke Romano, Brodie Retallick, Dominic Bird and Jeremy Thrush as the fit locks assembling today for the second ...
The number of Americans receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) more-than doubled over the past two decades, from 5.2 million to 11.7 million by the end of ...
There was a mixed performance on Wall Street on Friday. Shares suffered an early decline, as investors continued to express worries about the Federal Reserve. A recovery through the rest of the day allowed the Dow to edge into positive territory by the close. The Nasdaq and S&P 500 posted fractional losses.The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 8.6 points, or 0.06 percent, to close at ...
Inside the Market's weekend roundup of some of last week's best investing reads on the Internet, which are highlighted every morning in our premarket ...
The Sword of Doom (Dai-bosatsu tôge) [DVD]
Ending a film with a freeze-frame is a potent and powerfully self-conscious decision, one that invariably draws attention to the final image and literally begs it to, if not explain, then cast an interpretive light on the rest of the film. One might think of the freeze frame of Antoi ... ...
The government asked the Delhi High Court to initiate contempt proceedings against Idea Cellular, the chairman of the telco's parent company Kumar Mangalam Birla and five other top ...
France began the first stage of a withdrawal from Mali Saturday in what it says is a plan to pull out most of its troops and equipment by the end of the year. A convoy carrying unneeded equipment and vehicles left a French base outside the capital, Bamako, headed for Abidjan ...
It's the narcissist rally. *** You may want to spare a thought, and a healthy dose of worry, for what is one of the biggest, and least appreciated, reasons for the rally: buybacks. Flush with cash and a world of opportunity at their doorstep, companies have decided there's nothing more attractive than themselves. So, they're offering big money to buy back their own stock. This ...
- Do you follow your own advice? Ivan Lo, editor and founder of Equedia.com and The Equedia Weekly Letter, does. Lo doesn't just follow companies in the gold and silver space, he actually paused this interview with The Gold Report to receive a shipment of silver bars. Following the notion that "knowledge is power," Lo also explains the philosophies that guide his publications, ...
Everyone is hitting the roads ahead of Memorial Day weekend. CNBC's Phil LeBeau reports on Delta's new terminal at JFK, and the airline index is up more than 50 percent this ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Expectations were high for this top of the line Hyatt product in "The Big Easy". The taxi rolled up to ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Brit school offers bra lessons for girls aged 11
- New space stethoscope helps assess astronauts in noisy spacecrafts
- Ryder makes low-key gym comeback away from prying eyes following bar assault
- British health secretary says doctors should be advocates
- Trainer Tom Wenzel will have top three favorites for Seattle Handicap | Emerald Downs
- FIIs put in $3.4 billion in equities in May so far
- Lock stocks thinner with possible Whitelock injury
- States With The Most Americans On Disability 247 Wall St.
- Fed Concerns Contribute To Lackluster Session On Wall Street - U.S. Commentary
- The weeks best web reads 10 stocks hedge funds love the most
- Israel stunned by Hawking snub
- Letter C02 bad Prove it.
- Letter Tornado global warming
- Charles Krauthammer IRS scandal was more than bad customer sevice
- Michael Gonzalez Yes free speech is hurt when news bans offensive words
- US band Hanson debuts MmmHops Beer
- Anchor to build second brewery quadruple capacity
- A map for American Craft Beer Week
- Kasey Kahne of Enumclaw is eager to defend his Coca-Cola 600 title | Auto racing
- Oklahoma brewers ask for support on sampling law
- African Leaders Condemn Ongoing Use of Cluster Bombs
- UAE minister ranked 67th among worlds 100 powerful women
- Women should look real raw Gisele Bundchen
- US mom gave birth to child after her heart stopped and then came back to life
- 100-year-old X-rays reveal how corset-clad Victorian women endured pain
- Kim Ks long lost cousin living on 90 pounds a month in remote Turkey village
- Healthy heart ensures healthy kidney
- Bacteria found in homes with dogs may help prevent allergies
- Five people died in fire at residential house in Ryazan region
- Garden Tour and Tea slated
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Hundreds rescued in San Antonio flooding that killed 1
- Flooding kills two in US city of San Antonio
- Animal facility site set for discussion
- Downpour opens holiday weekend
- NBA San Antonio Spurs push Memphis Grizzlies to brink