– You can call it a crime-fighting network of sorts. Area hotels and motels work together to help keep you safe. ';You never know when a situation will come up, '; said Bill Brendel, General Manager of the Crockett Hotel downtown. Brendel told News 4 there are about a hundred hotels on an email chain, reporting criminal activity. Awhile back, police busted a counterfeit ring ...
Bill Greehey's family foundation is donating $250,000 to the American Red Cross to assist with relief efforts in Moore, Okla. NuStar Energy LPs philanthropic arm and The Greehey Family Foundation are donating $350,000 to the American Red Cross to support tornado relief efforts in Oklahoma. The Greehey Family Foundation is contributing $250,000, while the NuStar Foundation is donating ...
SAN ANTONIO -- It's already getting hot outside, and pretty soon the two most sought after things in Texas will be a place with air conditioning and something cold to drink. And as temperatures rise, nothing beats a cool, refreshing smoothie to quench your thirst and get you back in the summer groove. Some like 'em with milk, while others prefer to start with fruit juice, tea, or ...
The Valero Energy Foundation has donated $100,000 to Oklahoma relief efforts. The Valero Energy Foundation the charitable arm of San Antonio refiner Valero Energy Corp. has donated $100,000 to the American Red Cross to assist people affected by the tornadoes that ripped through Central Oklahoma. The foundation also will match employees Red Cross donations up to $50,000. Valero (NYSE: VLO) ...
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors Inc. Lawmakers have sided with dealers interests over those of Tesla Motors Inc. in the debate over whether manufacturers of electric- or all battery-powered vehicles should be able to sell directly to customers. House Bill 3351, authored by State Rep. Eddie Rodriguez, D-Austin, had proposed changing Texas law that mandates vehicles be sold to customers through ...
71.8°F Light Rain
Winds: From the North at 3.1 MPH Gusting to 8.1 MPH
Laws of Attraction
Although it probably looked on paper like the wheezy misfire that it is, it's completely understandable why Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore would want to star in Laws of Attraction. After all, these are two gifted actors who have been playing the same type of role for ... ...
Lawmakers have until Monday to wrap up their regular-session work. Texas Gov. Rick Perry is keeping quiet until the last moment on whether a special session will occur, but Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has made it clear he wants one. At the start of May, Perry advised lawmakers that one of the best ways to avoid a special session would be to show him a budget with $1.8 billion of tax relief for ...
U.S. prime money market funds (MMFs) increased their exposure to eurozone banks in April. However, even at 15.1%, asset allocations to these institutions remain well below 2011 levels, according to Fitch ...
Primera Energy LLC's second well in the Eagle Ford Shale has exceeded the company's expectations. Primera Energy LLCs second well in the Eagle Ford Shale has gone into production at roughly double the expected output. The Screaming Eagle 2H well near the town of Three Rivers this week began producing with a flow rate of 1,150 barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company had predicted a ...
Transaction Action NRP nets $18.64 million in equity financing for developments in San Antonio and Ohio
Transaction Action is Tricia Lynn Silva's onlineweekly real estate column. This special online feature details the real-estate sales, leases, new assignments and other deals that have recently taken place in San Antonio and other parts of Texas. Every week, we will post a new listing of some of the latest real estate news for our readers. Among the deals readers will find in this weeks ...
The IRS and the City of San Antonio honored St. Philip's College for helping low-income residents qualify for $6.7 million in tax returns. The Internal Revenue Service and the City of San Antonio both honored St. Philips Colleges Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program for helping processing $6.7 million in refunds for local residents in 2013. St. Philips prepared the most returns out ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Millennium Hotel, Queenstown, New Zealand
I've reviewed this hotel before, and found it one of my favourites in New Zealand. Queenstown is located in the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
San Antonio PostSan Antonio Post – News on San Antonio | State & Global Reports
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of San Antonio news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The San Antonio Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of San Antonio.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a San Antonio weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the San Antonio Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Ryder makes low-key gym comeback away from prying eyes following bar assault
- Women gymgoers filthier than men
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Cook says Pietersen progressing well to be fit in time for Ashes
- Secrets behind itching revealed
- Borsa Italiana and London Stock Exchange leader in Europe for ETF trades
- Stocks climb from one-month low Airlines gain CSR drops
- Wall Street betting on last-minute debt deal
- China stocks plunge on US debt train crash
- US stocks remain weak on track for weekly loss
- North Korea envoy hands over China's Xi a note of peace
- UK defends security services over Woolwich murder
- US bridge collapses sending vehicles into water
- Report shows big drop in teen births in US
- Pakistan remains opposed to illegal drone strikes in country after Obama speech
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- Letters My View irresponsible
- Letters Fair Tax and the IRS
- Immigration reform overlooks asylum-seekers
- Friends of Palestine Presents Dr. El Farra from Gaza
- India Resource Center Coca-Cola Plant Shut Down in India
- Cheap beers getting pricier
- Deschutes Sierra Nevada win two International Awards each
- Know What Important Ruling Made This Week Affects German Beer Take The Fark Weird News Quiz
- Operation Swill New Jersey bar allegedly served rubbing alcohol as scotch
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- US mom gave birth to child after her heart stopped and then came back to life
- 100-year-old X-rays reveal how corset-clad Victorian women endured pain
- Inked women more approachable but have looser morals
- Women gymgoers filthier than men
- Nepals Tibetan Refugees Struggle Under Chinas Shadow
- Private firms may travel to lunar surface NASA report
- Japan PMs residence not haunted Government
- Heart healthy lifestyle may help protect kidney patients from dying prematurely
- Lifestyle Woman 21 married to five brothers
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest San Antonio Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- San Antonio hotel security network curbs crime www.privateofficer.com
- NuStar Greehey foundation supporting Oklahoma relief effort
- VOTE for the Best Smoothie in San Antonio
- Valero Energy Foundation makes $100000 donation to aid tornado victims
- Pro-Tesla Motors bill dies in Texas House